In response to the challenge the Lord gave us at the 40th Anniversary Conference in 2007 and in union with International Catholic Charismatic Renewal Services we proposes a 5-year preparation for the 50th Anniversary Jubilee of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in 2017. The National Leaderships Groups for the Renewal are promoting the following plan for the years 2012 to 2017.5-Year Plan in Preparing for the 2017 Jubilee 5-Year Plan in Preparing for the 2017 Jubilee (black & white)
2012: Time of Life-Giving Repentance (June 1 to December 31).
- Begin this time with repentance and prayer.
- Imitate Pope John Paul’s Year of Repentance in preparation for the year 2000.
- Encourage a time of reflection and dialogue in the Renewal, and with the Church, preparing for the Year of Faith.
- Follow Jesus’ command: “This is the time of fulfillment. The kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.” (Mark 1:15)
2013: Year of Spirit-Filled Faith.
- Celebrate the Year of Faith in the Church and baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- Emphasize the experience of Pentecost and the grace of Charismatic Renewal.
- Reach out to youth and young adults.
2014: Year of Charisms and Grace for the Church.
- Explore Charismatic Renewal’s identity as a movement.
- Celebrate being fully Catholic (ecclesial maturity) and fully charismatic.
- Promote greater and more mature use of the charisms.
Click on this link for the 2014 Year of Charisms and Grace for the Church recommendations.
2015: Year of Unity.
- Reach out to all groups influenced by charismatic renewal.
- Endeavor to lay down our lives for each other.
- Foster unity in the Renewal, unity with the Church, and ecumenism.
- Focus on the importance of community.
Click on this link for the 2015 YEAR OF UNITY recommendations.
2016: Year of Mission.
- Renew our zeal for souls.
- Promote Life in the Spirit Seminars, the New Evangelization, and a culture of Pentecost.
2017: Year of Jubilee.
- Celebrate a “time of fulfillment” as in the Jubilee Year of the Scriptures.
- Gather all people in the Renewal (prayer groups, covenant communities, ministries, youth, and families) of all cultures.