In line with the Mission of the NSC “to foster the dynamic grace of baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5) which empowered the members of the early Church at Pentecost” the NSC offers to serve the Renewal in dioceses across the country through a number of Outreach Events.
Outreach Events are principally divided into two types: Events for Leaders (in the sense way in which we define this for our National Leaders’ and Ministries’ Conferences) and Events for Renewal participants.
The leadership focus remains a special focus of the NSC. Leadership events could be one day (usually Saturday), two day (Friday evening-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday), or for a weekend. The emphasis could be on “Teaching and Ministry” or more reflective on the personal life of a leader (Leaders’ Retreat).
The Events for Renewal participants could also be one day, two-day, or weekend. There are two models: Praise and Teaching Rally (Jesus Lives! Pour Out Your Spirit Anew!); and the “Teaching and Ministry” model which also could be offered to Renewal participants.
A third type of Outreach Event is the Men’s Retreat option (Men of the His Kingdom).
The focus of all these events will be taken from the NSC Mission Statement.
- “proclaiming the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the love of the Father in the power of the Holy Spirit” leading to “the Renewal of the grace and culture of Pentecost,”
- “encouraging the awareness and the experience of the full role of the Holy Spirit among Catholic Charismatic Renewal groups and ministries” so that “this action of the Holy Spirit” may lead to:
- “Experiencing union with God
- Inner transformation, leading to personal holiness
- Ministry empowered by the charisms for evangelization and service, [and
- The] building of communities that witness to a renewed Catholic life.”
- “Assisting leadership development” and “serving and offering leadership to the Renewal.”
- Follow Up
To make such an Outreach Event part of the pastoral plan by the Renewal in a Diocese we also offer a two-step process: an Event for Leaders and an Event for Renewal participants with one event done in one year and the other the next (or one done in the Spring and the other in the Fall).
For more information
Call 1-800-338-2445 or email Chariscenter@nsc-chariscenter.org with “Outreach Event” in the subject line.